I love pumpkin. Each fall, I buy anything & everything that is pumpkin flavoured. Coffee, breads, candles, soaps. I just couldn't get enough. Then with the transition from fall to winter, pumpkin was moved to the back burner. This January I am bringing back my love of pumpkin with this smoothie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 2 tbs Pumpkin
- 2 tbs Yogurt (I used Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt, but any yogurt would work! I also love Honey Greek Yogurt.)
- 1 cup Milk (I used Almond milk, Coconut milk, Soy milk, or regular milk would work too.)
- Half a Banana
- 2 tbs Flax Seeds (Great source of fiber, Omega 3's and lignans)
- 1/2 tbs Almond Butter (Peanut butter would probably be fine too!)
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Spices* (I used Cinnamon & Allspice, Pumpkin Pie Spice or any other warm, sweet spices would work!)
What to Do
I have been making this smoothie constantly! It tastes like a delicious dessert but is packed with vitamins, healthy fats, protein, and fiber. I'll have it with my lunch (shown below with a fake chicken caesar salad) or as an afternoon or after dinner snack.
Do you love smoothies? What are some of your favourite combinations? I tend to also make berry smoothies a lot, but I haven't quite mastered the green smoothie yet!