What you need:
6 Birchboxes (6 Bottom halves & 2 Top halves)
Packing/Mailing/Duct Tape (Any wide, durable tape)
Hot glue gun
Ribbon (I used ribbon from past Birchboxes)
How to do it:There are two main parts to this project: preparing the pieces & assembling. I thought it might be easier to explain all the preparations first and then go on to how to assemble it. Warning: It is very hard to describe the steps, so bear with me, but the project overall is quite easy and doesn't take long to complete. Leave a comment if anything is confusing!
Preparing your boxes.
Now on to the assembling!
1. The pieces we made in Step 1 are the sides of the organizer. They are upright with the remaining long side in the back and the short sides are the top and bottom.
2. Piece 2 is the bottom. Hot glue this piece onto the pieces from step 1.
3. Piece 4 is the back of the organizer. Place it horizontally inside what you have so far, so that it is lined up against the top of the organizer. Use hot glue to secure.
4. Measure out where the drawers should be placed and tape the long piece (Piece 5) where you marked.
5. Attach the short side pieces (Piece 5) the long pieces in the back. This will help the drawers stay up.
6. Now use hot glue to put the top (Piece 3) onto your organizer.
7. You will need 3 additional bottom halves for the drawers. You can just slide them in.
And now after all those complicated steps (not too complicated to do but hard to explain), you have your DIY organizer! I am going to put this on my desk to store all those little odds and ends that tend to accumulate. Office supplies, make-up, Birchbox samples... I hope this helped and inspired you to DIY using your old Birchboxes.
How you do use your past Birchboxes?