There are many variations on how to do this. Below is a quick tutorial on what I did to create this manicure:
- Light grey or white nail polish
- Top coat
- Rubbing Alcohol or Vodka
- Cotton Ball
- Paint your nails with your light coloured nail polish. I used NYC Sidewalkers, which is more of a medium grey.
- Wait for your polish to completely dry.
- Pour about a tablespoon of alcohol into a small container.
- Cut the newspaper into ten pieces about the size of your nails.
- Pick up a piece of newspaper & dip it into your alcohol.
- Place this on your nail & press a cotton ball on top.
- Hold the cotton ball over your nail for 5-10 seconds.
- Remove the cotton ball & the newspaper.
- Check out your design!
- Seal it with a top coat. I used NYC Matte Me Crazy to keep the newspaper look. Glossy looks great too though!
Such an inexpensive & quick way to get awesome looking nail art. I didn't have any newspaper so I used a grocery store flier. I also didn't have any rubbing alcohol....so I used Bacon flavoured Vodka..... I am a vegetarian, but I got this for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I think it would make a great Bloody Mary. I guess I will have to wait for Fakon Vodka before I can try that...