I was feeling super crafty over the weekend, so after I painted my nails, I made this t-shirt. I had seen this cut-out tee many places & every time I would think, "I could totally make that!"
So here's how to make your own Cut-Out Skull tee!
- Pick out your t-shirt. You can use any colour, style, or size. I chose a v-neck white tee in a loose fit from Forever 21 that cost less than $5.
- Measure out the size of the back. I just compared it to a size of 8x11 paper, taping several pieces together to get the size I wanted. Next, I drew a skull based on Google images as well as my skull mug that holds my make-up brushes!
- After a rough pencil sketch, go over the lines with a Sharpie.
- Place your template under your t-shirt. You should be able to see your Sharpie lines through the fabric. If you are using a darker shirt, try taping your shirt it to a window so the light will shine through.
- Go over the lines of your template using chalk or a washable marker.
- Cut out the shapes. This is the most time consuming of the steps. I tried to leave more space between cuts so that my shirt will last longer without ripping.